@panther12 to (706) 449-0100 for school-wide updates & @schoolbus to get updates on your child's school bus to (706)449-0100
Report Address Fraud and Ethics Violations
Report ethics violations: 1-877-801-7754
Atlanta Public Schools is appreciative of the leadership demonstrated by all of our principals, particularly those who have served the district for many years. Like all school districts, APS conducts an annual assessment of where we are as a system, as well as a review of any revisions to state law. Necessary changes are made to ensure the district remains in compliance and that all of our students are prepared for the next level and long-term success. This process includes an intense and methodical performance review of all of our schools and their leadership teams. For the full statement, please click here.
APS announces make up plans for inclement weather
The remainder of the APS calendar, including spring break, the graduation schedule, and the last day of school will not change. Spring break will remain April 7-11 and graduations are scheduled May 23-25. The last day of school for traditional APS students remains May 23, and the last day for year-round students is May 30.
Atlanta Public Schools parents are encouraged to participate in the Georgia Parent Survey administered by the Georgia Department of Education. Data from the Georgia Parent Survey will be used along with the Georgia Student Health Survey and the Georgia School Personnel Survey to calculate the School Climate Star Rating within the College and Career Ready Performance Index (CCRPI).
The Georgia Parent Survey has 20 questions and should take no more than 5 - 10 minutes to complete it. Data results from the Georgia Parent Survey will not be available to the public and will not be posted online.
Congratulations to Rita Simmons for being named the 2013-2014 APS Teacher of the Year!
Rita Simmons is a gifted and talented teacher of students in kindergarten through fifth grade at Cleveland Avenue Elementary School.
August 19, 2013
Greetings Parents, Guardians and Community Partners:
Welcome Back to Carter G. Woodson Primary School!! We are excited and enthusiastic as we embarkon the 2013-2014 academic year. Lastyear we celebrated many firsts (1st) including:
· 1styear as a primary campus (including Pre-K through 2nd grade)
· 1styear implementing Common Core Georgia Performance Standards (CCGPS)
· 1stTarget-funded media center renovation
In addition to our firstswe had additional accomplishments including:
· Our2012- 2013 Teacher of the Year, Ms. Carla Daniels, was named the Teacher of theYear for Atlanta Public Schools at the Elementary School Level. (Ms. Charon Kirkland was named the Teacher ofthe Year for Atlanta Public Schools when Woodson was K-5).
· Our2013-2014 Teacher of the Year, Ms. Chiara White, is a semi-finalist for theTeacher of the Year for Atlanta Public Schools.
· Ourpartnership with Buckhead Church afforded us our leadership retreat as well as field trip opportunities for every child on every grade-level.
· Ourpartnership with Pepsi Company provided book bags for the majority of ourchildren.
· Weextended our Community of Believers to include:
o Wordof God Ministries/Northwest Youth Power
o Buckhead Church
o Buckhead(Carl E. Sanders) YMCA
o GeorgiaState University
o AtlantaCommunity Ministries
o AtlantaFood Bank
o Fountainof Hope Church.
This year, we plan to use these firsts as a foundation to continue our trajectory of academicexcellence. Thank you for sharing yourbeautiful, brilliant children with us and thank you for continued support.
Dr. Susan Crim McClendon