@panther12 to (706) 449-0100 for school-wide updates & @schoolbus to get updates on your child's school bus to (706)449-0100
Deadline for entries is Monday, October 28, 2013. This year’s theme is "Believe, Dream, and Inspire. The art categories are Dance Choreography, Film Production, Literature, Music Composition, Photography, and Visual Arts. For more information contact Sharron Paige by phone at 404-788-3783 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Atlanta Public Schools parents are encouraged to participate in the Georgia Parent Survey administered by the Georgia Department of Education. Data from the Georgia Parent Survey will be used along with the Georgia Student Health Survey and the Georgia School Personnel Survey to calculate the School Climate Star Rating within the College and Career Ready Performance Index (CCRPI).
The Georgia Parent Survey has 20 questions and should take no more than 5 - 10 minutes to complete it. Data results from the Georgia Parent Survey will not be available to the public and will not be posted online.
Congratulations to Rita Simmons for being named the 2013-2014 APS Teacher of the Year!
Rita Simmons is a gifted and talented teacher of students in kindergarten through fifth grade at Cleveland Avenue Elementary School.
August 19, 2013
Greetings Parents, Guardians and Community Partners:
Welcome Back to Carter G. Woodson Primary School!! We are excited and enthusiastic as we embarkon the 2013-2014 academic year. Lastyear we celebrated many firsts (1st) including:
· 1styear as a primary campus (including Pre-K through 2nd grade)
· 1styear implementing Common Core Georgia Performance Standards (CCGPS)
· 1stTarget-funded media center renovation
In addition to our firstswe had additional accomplishments including:
· Our2012- 2013 Teacher of the Year, Ms. Carla Daniels, was named the Teacher of theYear for Atlanta Public Schools at the Elementary School Level. (Ms. Charon Kirkland was named the Teacher ofthe Year for Atlanta Public Schools when Woodson was K-5).
· Our2013-2014 Teacher of the Year, Ms. Chiara White, is a semi-finalist for theTeacher of the Year for Atlanta Public Schools.
· Ourpartnership with Buckhead Church afforded us our leadership retreat as well as field trip opportunities for every child on every grade-level.
· Ourpartnership with Pepsi Company provided book bags for the majority of ourchildren.
· Weextended our Community of Believers to include:
o Wordof God Ministries/Northwest Youth Power
o Buckhead Church
o Buckhead(Carl E. Sanders) YMCA
o GeorgiaState University
o AtlantaCommunity Ministries
o AtlantaFood Bank
o Fountainof Hope Church.
This year, we plan to use these firsts as a foundation to continue our trajectory of academicexcellence. Thank you for sharing yourbeautiful, brilliant children with us and thank you for continued support.
Dr. Susan Crim McClendon