The 2017 Summer School applications are available. Attached above you'll find a copy of the application. Please be sure to see your assigned counselor ASAP to verify your summer school enrollment.
1. Traditional Summer School for 9-11th graders will be held at Therrell High School located at 3099 Panther Trl SW Atlanta, GA 30311. The dates will be June 5-29 Monday - Thursday 8:30am-2:30pm
2. For current 12th graders, your summer school will be held at the West End Academy located at 1445 Maynard Court NW Atlanta, GA 30331. The dates will be June 5-29 Monday - Friday 8:00am-2:30pm. Any 12th grader who must attend summer school will not be able to participate in the May 2017 commencement, instead there will be a summer graduation ceremony held in late July/early August.
Important Summer Registration Dates
Inman Middle School will be the site for the early June Grady Cluster Registration process. As with last year, new students/families to Mary Lin, Springdale Park, Morningside, Hope-Hill, Inman, and Grady will register at one site: Inman Middle School.
Monday June 5-Thursday June 8
9:00AM-12:00 PM & 2:00-4:00 PM
774 Virginia Avenue NE
2.Centralized Registration will be
9:00-12:00 and 2:00-4:00
This site to be determined .
3.July 24-July 28 from 9:00-3:00 is registration at Grady High for new Grady families
Computer Science Summer Experience
The Atlanta Public Schools' Office of Gifted and Talented Education is excited to announce The X-Capp Experience: The Xanadu-Computer App Development Summer Experience. We are looking for rising 10th-12th grade students who are interested in computer science to participate. Please see the attached flyer and FAQs.
Back to School Bash 7/29/17
Tuskegee/Grady Band Camp, June 28-30
Emory Summer Science Academy
Emory is having is a summer program titled Summer Science Academy. The cost of the program is $800, however this year, the Emory School of Medicine has reserved 15-spots for APS students at no cost. This is a two-week commuter program that begins June 5, 2017- July 14, 2017. There are three-two week sessions. They are looking for rising 10th grade students to participate. Here is the website for more info and to apply:
2017-18 Senior Yearbook Photo FAQs
Click here to download/view a FAQ sheet from Cady Studios for the rising Seniors with instructions on how to schedule sessions to have their Senior pictures taken.
Grady Foundation Alumni Survey
The Grady Foundation Alumni Association is trying to create a comprehensive database and contact list across all the years of Grady/Boys High/Tech High's existence. A brief online survey has been created to help with this endeavor. If you are a Grady/Boys High/Tech High alum your participation in this survey would be greatly appreciated. Here is the link to the survey:
or, scan the QR code below
Grady’s Counseling Department Earns Move on When Ready Transportation Grant
The school counseling department has earned the Move on When Ready (MOWR) Transportation Grant through Georgia Student Finance Authority to offset the cost of transporting MOWR students to and from post-secondary institutions. Grady High School’s goals are to increase the number of high school graduates who are college and career ready and increase the number of students enrolled in dual credit programs. MOWR transportation is an integral component of meeting these goals. The grant will assist in removing transportation barriers for students. The grant will cover the cost of round trip transportation for students for the 2017-18 SY. Interested students must meet with their counselor for more information.
Who is Eligible to Apply for MOWR?
· 9th -12th grade students
· Students on track for graduation
· Students who meet post-secondary institution admission requirements (i.e. GPA, ACT/SAT)
· Students who apply to the post-secondary institution by their deadline
· Students who receive MOWR approval from their counselor
· Students who maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined by the eligible
All University System of Georgia Institutions participate in MOWR.
Purchase your Grady Yearbook!