Parent – Students Group Conferences
Day: Every Wednesday
2016-17 School Year: Conference Dates for 1st Semester: September 7 - November 30
9th & 12th Grade will meet every 1st & 3rd Wednesday
10th & 11th Grade will meet every 2nd & 4th Wednesday
Time: 4:00 pm to approximately 4:45 pm
Max number of conferences every Wednesday: 20 per grade level
- The purpose of the Parent-Student Group Conferences is to receive a status update from the student’s teachers and discuss concerns and appropriate interventions.
- Parent-Student Group conferences are scheduled on a first come, first serve basis by the parent liaison in collaboration with the grade level counselor. Priority is given to parents of students who are in jeopardy of failing two or more classes.
- To be scheduled for a Group Conference, parents have to request a meeting with three or more teachers by 4:00 PM on Monday afternoon using the link below.
- Parents who would like to meet with two or fewer teachers need to arrange the conference with the individual teacher(s) in advance rather than seek an individual ad hoc meeting during the Group Conference.
- All counselors will attend the Parent-Student Group Conferences on Wednesday to maintain an orderly and consistent flow.
- Counselors will provide training for teachers on how to conduct effective conferences.
Use the following link for appointments: https://goo.gl/forms/MaLL6g8a7n0HQ1Zi1
Class of 2017 Counselor Dionne Williams email@example.com
Class of 2019 Counselor Kaye Boykin firstname.lastname@example.org
Class of 2020 Counselor Darryl Robinson darryl.Robinson@atlanta.k12.ga.us
Parent-Student Group Conferences are not the only opportunity to meet with teachers. Parents are encouraged to establish communication with teachers at the first signs of any difficulties or when have questions/concerns about a course or their student’s progress.