Dear Bunche Middle Parents and Guardians,
I would like to take this opportunity, as the Principal, of Ralph J. Bunche Middle School to welcome youback to our NEW school. For the past three years, it has been an honor and a privilege to serve in this capacity. As we continue to move forwardwith our community’s plan of “Collaboration,Commitment, and Culture ….Maintaining our Legacy Excellence”, we willensure all students become knowledgeable, responsible, caring and contributingmembers of society. As a fellow parentand resident of the Bunche community, I am excited to inform you of thefollowing goals and initiatives for the 2015-2016 school year. In an effort to move Bunche towards becoming a GA School of Excellence and National Blue Ribbon School, the following will be implemented:
· A district-wide focus on Social Emotional Learning (SEL), where children and adults will effectively apply the knowledge, attitudes,and skills necessary to feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions.
· Professional Learning Communities togive teachers the opportunity to effectively plan and to implement the new GAStandards of Excellence in preparation for the GA Milestone Assessments
· Use of research based instructionalbest practices in every classroom every day to meet the academic needs of alllearners
· School-wide emphasis on writing inall four core contents and teaching the writing process in ELA classes(Interactive Notebooks, Writing Journals, and Student Portfolios)
· Consistency for our teachers andstudent scholars focusing on positive school culture and climate using PositiveBehavior Intervention Strategies (PBIS).
· A concerted effort to improve theoverall customer service experience among students, parents, community members,and other stakeholders
· More effective and consistentcommunication with parents using Social Media, Email, Smartphone Apps, andregular website updates
· Newly purchased instructionaltechnology for teachers’ classrooms to inspire an engaging 21stcentury learning atmosphere
· Newly hired instructional staff to maintaina foundational exposure student to the Fine Arts, and our future InternationalBaccalaureate Program
· An “open door” policy where parentsare welcomed and invited to visit the school to provide continuous input forchange.
Moreover, our main goal is to providea rigorous and relevant learning experience where we teach children, as wewould want our own children taught. Asyour facilitator for excellence, I look forward to partnering with you forpromoting student success.
Sincerely and Professionally Yours,
Mario M. Watkins