Dear Students, Staff, and Parents:
Welcome to the 2016-2017 school year! Our commitment at William M. Boyd Elementary School is to provide a safe and intellectually challenging environment that will empower students to become innovative thinkers, creative problem solvers, and inspired learners. High standards and expectations for each student in regard to academic performance, co-curricular participation, and responsible citizenship are the foundation of our school. Full participation in academic and co-curricular programs and a willingness to act responsibly as an individual within our educational environment are the factors that enable all to have a successful and enjoyable year.
Below are our beliefs regarding teaching and learning that we developed as part of this process.
We believe that effective teachers:
We believe that successful students:
to get involved in your child’s education at Boyd
1. Fill out the PTA volunteer forms. Forms are available in the school office.
2. Ask your child questions about what he/she learned in school that day. (“What did you learn in math today?” or “What stories are you reading in school?”)
3. Read to your child every day.
4. Check your child’s backpack daily for letters or flyers about upcoming events.
5. Call the school or email the principal or teacher if you have any questions or concerns.
6.. Attend PTA general meetings to learn about school events.
7. Assist your child with homework assignments by creating a quiet environment to work.
In conclusion, I wish you all a wonderful school year. I am honored to serve as your principal. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and know that my door is always open. I can be reached firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marcus Jackson, Ed.D