Welcome to the 2013-2014 school year. This will be my third year at Boyd, and I am very excited to provide you the best service possible. As your child’s principal, I will ensure your child has the best education imaginable. With that said, here are my ongoing commitments to you and your child:
- To provide a safe and orderly environment for your child,
- Have effective teachers in every classroom,
- Have on-going and timely communication about your child’s progress, events and activities taking place at the school,
- Provide a welcoming environment for our parents and stakeholders; and
- Provide opportunities for parents and community stakeholders to support the teaching and learning at Boyd.
To be an effective school we must have your support. We need your assistance in providing a quality experience for your child. We need parents to:
Communicate with the school on a continuous basis,
- Update all contact information,
- Provide a proper place for students to study and do homework,
- Check child’s bookbag for information from the school
- Volunteer and support the school
- Attend school meeting and activities (PTA, Parent Conferences, and School Programs)
If we all do our parts, your child will have an excellent year, and a strong foundation that will allow them to have a successful life.
Please note the following updates:
- We are a uniform school--our colors are hunter green, yellow, or white shirts and khakis bottoms. Boys must have shirts tucked with a belted bottom. No flip-flops or sandals.
- School starts at 8:00 am, the earliest students can arrive is 7:40 am. Students MUST be present every day.
- If you have a change of transportation, please contact the school no later than 2:00 pm to ensure the change can be communicate to the classroom teacher.
- Please note that early dismissal after 2:15pm will be held until 2:30 pm to allow for a safe dismissal of all students.
If you have questions or concerns about our school, please feel free to contact me- Keisha Gibbons at 404-802-8150 or email at email@example.com. Thank you for trusting our school to provide your child an excellent education that will allow them to make a difference tomorrow.