College and Career Connections
Grady High School's College & Career Center:
... serving the college planning needs of Grady's students with over 1000+ student visits each month!
The CCC is now closed for the summer, but we haven't gone away.
Seniors, now is a great time to start on your college essays. If you need any advice or help during the summer as you begin to develop your essay, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for some feedback.
Here are the prompts for the 2015-16 Common Application essay:
1. Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
2. The lessons we take from failure can be fundamental to later success. Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?
3. Reflect on a time when you challenged a belief or idea. What prompted you to act? Would you make the same decision again?
4. Describe a problem you’ve solved or a problem you’d like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma--anything that is of personal importance, no matter the scale. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution.
5. Discuss an accomplishment or event, formal or informal, that marked your transition from childhood to adulthood within your culture, community, or family.
Sign Up for Remind101 Texts to receive class-specific updates about college related events and news:
Class of 2015: https://www.remind101.com/join/ccc2015
Class of 2016: https://www.remind101.com/join/ccc2016
Class of 2017: https://www.remind101.com/join/ccc2017
Class of 2018: https://www.remind101.com/join/ccc2018
PARENTS & VOLUNTEERS: https://www.remind101.com/join/ccc