Booker T. Washington High School-Early College is the newest early college small schools in the Atlanta Public School System. The premise behind the early college concept is to afford students the opportunity to obtain college credits while going to high school in a small community environment. Students who graduate from BTWHS-EC will undoubtedly be prepared to purse post secondary education at some of the top universities/colleges in the
· To provide all students with postsecondary education readiness experiences that will allow students the opportunity to obtain up to 60 college credit hours while in high school.
· To offer a challenging curriculum and the necessary social and academic support that will enable100% of the students to graduate from high school and pursue postsecondary education and/or options.
· To partner with
· To meet Georgia Performance Standards in all disciplines.
· To establish at least two career pathways that will maintain the interest of students.
· To involve parents and students in the transition process from middle to high school and high school to post secondary education.
· To develop a personalized academic educational plan for each student.
Program of Study
In addition to the core program of study, students will be required to take the following classes to meet the requirements of the
· Early College Seminar
· Early College Math
· Early College English
· Early College Social Studies
· Early College Science
"Inclement Weather Makeup Materials" link http://www.atlanta.k12.ga.us/Page/40996.